Editor’s note: We decided to have a little fun with this post. We took some time to think of 10 quirks unique to our Air Force and military lives. Can you think of some more? Comment below!
1. When you open your closet door and have a collection of uniforms beginning with the old Battle Dress, Desert Camouflage and now Airman Battle Uniforms with various ranks attached.
PHOTO 1: These two Airmen in Battle Dress Uniforms are learning how to program a vehicle GPS device. This photo was taken at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont., in 2007.
2. You no longer notice all the different color tags on the back of your furniture from your military permanent changes of station.
PHOTO 2: It’s amazing how long after your PCS you still find these tags on your items.
5. You reference old acquaintances by last name and location, Jefferson from Barksdale or Snuffy from Tyndall.
PHOTO 5: These four brothers are one exception to the above. They all served at the same base together.
7. Your pets have their own frequent flyer miles benefit cards.
PHOTO 7: This pet wasn’t even PCSing in this photo. This pic was taken during a noncombantant evacuation exercise at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.
10. You have spent enough time with other branches to have said, “I’m so glad I joined the Air Force.”
PHOTO 10: Note how different this brother and sister smile. The brother obviously wishes he was in the Air Force.