By Staff Sgt. Carlin Leslie
Air Force Social Media
A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
– Charlie Chaplin
With the “Caption This” posts on our Facebook and Twitter pages we strive to bring some joy to everyone’s day. In these posts, you, the fans, share thousands of comments to create comedy gold. Thousands of comments are typed in and we had a tough time whittling it down to our top picks. It was a tough job, but everyone on the Air Force Social Media team compiled their favorites from the past seven “Caption This” posts.
Make sure to read through our top choices to see if we chose your caption!
SEPTEMBER 1, 2015:
1) What year is it? 2015. It worked! – David Gooden
2) I told you not to press the red button!
– Dave Hodgkiss
3) “What are you doing?” “Santa called in for backup.”
– Mike Ropes
AUGUST 21, 2015:
1) Affirmative sir. I’m pretty sure you parked on Rapunzel’s head. – Greg Baird
2) This is gonna take a while. You’re stuck in a giant piece of chewing gum. – Nick Johnson
3) Well sir, it’s a strange enemy tactic for sure, but somebody done lassoed this airplane. – Tim Stevens
AUGUST 11, 2015:
1) “Yeah, Bob. I’m gonna be in late today. The traffic on the highway is insane, and some nut ahead of me just has no clue which way he’s heading!” – Bill Byatt
2) Colonel, putting your hand out the window while driving fast does not make you an airplane. Now lets get you back to your office. – Nickolaus Bishop
3) No, you are NOT CLEARED for an afterburner takeoff! – Rick Post
JULY 27, 2015:
1) In case of a combat water survival assessment, your training rifle may be used as a flotation device.
– Aaron Chris
2) I thought you said “TRUST ME!!!!” – Judie Paranuk
3) Off you go into the blue cool water. ..!!!
– Bingky Mariano
JULY 22, 2015:
1) Who gave Carl the keys to the C-130 again?!
– Reggie Mans
2) “How did you get up there Lt?” – Colby Hicks
3) Back to the drawing board… – Dan Burgess
JULY 1, 2015:
1) “After years of space travel alone, Bob finally lands on mars only to discover this sign.” – Brenden Murphy
2) I see the Earthlings have already been here.
– Larena Gail Sellers Miranda
3) *Cue explosion* *Cue music* “Cool guys don’t look at explosions.” – Nick Ritchie
JUNE 16, 2015:
1) Put your hands in the air and wave’em round like you just don’t care… – Clive Irulgalbandara
2) “Wait…wait…Dave you forgot your lunch bag!”
– Mark Turner
3) HEY! Over here is your parking spot! – A Douglas Frady