By Capt. Victoria Hight
Air Force Public Affairs Agency
It’s hard to believe how quickly this year has flown by! It seems like only yesterday we were ringing in 2014, yet here we are bidding it adieu. This was a tremendous year for the Air Force, filled with many memorable moments.
We took a look back at all of our posts from 2014, and here’s a short list of the ones that touched you the most:
1. This is great video of Lester West, a Basic Military Training barber at Joint Base San Antonio – Lackland, Texas. Mr. West has been cutting hair at BMT for more than 50 years, and many of you remember him helping you ‘style’ your hair the BMT way!
2. We admit it – the F-22 Raptor is a sexy plane. You guys tend to agree. This video topped our charts in 2014.
3. Thankfully, this horrific photo doesn’t depict the end of an Airman’s life. First Lt. Laura Jones’ dream to fly in the Air Force came to a screeching halt after a vehicle accident left her with a broken jaw, femur and wrist, and other serious injuries. The Laughlin Air Force Base instructor pilot got back in the cockpit in April 2014 after four months of grueling therapy and recovery. You guys really showed her what AF love and support means!
4. This quote had our fans inspired. It was the most-loved of the year.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
5. Our Sunday Soundoff posts are always fun, but our fans especially loved this post on Aug. 24.
What was your favorite part of Basic Military Training? These Airmen summed up their experience in a two-minute video.
6. Unfortunately, the Air Force and the world had to say goodbye to a beloved actor and supporter of the U.S. military, Robin Williams. Thanks for raising our spirits, making us laugh and sharing your infectious humor and generosity with thousands of service members throughout the world.
You shared more great pictures of Robin Williams with service members. See them here.
7. October 28 marked Lady Liberty’s 128th birthday. Fans loved this pic of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flying high over this national monument.
Did you have a favorite Air Force social media moment of 2014? Let us know!